- This event has passed.
African NCA Community of Practice Webinar: Linking natural capital accounting to policy in Africa
May 28 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This text is taken from WAVES.
“This virtual panel discussion, is the first in a webinar series organised by the Africa Natural Capital Accounting Community of Practice.
- Provide an update on the latest policy linkages between NCA and regional policy initiatives in Africa in the context of upcoming regional and global environmental milestones;
- Reflect on important next steps that the NCA community in Africa can take to increase policy uptake and mainstream natural capital into decision-making; and
- Conclude with key actions that the NCA Community of Practice in Africa can take, or work towards to support the regional and continental environmental policy agenda
- Harsen Nyambe, Head of Environment, Climate Change, and Land Management, African Union Commission
- Ruud Jansen, Executive Secretary, Gaborone Declaration for Sustainability in Africa Secretariat
- Kiruben Naicker, Head of Science Policy and IPBES Focal Point, Department of Environment, Forestry, and Fisheries, Government of South Africa“