- This event has passed.
Delivering the Blueprint Conference
September 19, 2019 - September 20, 2019
This text is taken from Cambridge Conservation Initiative.
Advancing integration of nature’s values into public policy
University of Cambridge, 19-20 September 2019
Thirty years ago the seminal Blueprint for a Green Economy outlined the steps required to integrate the values of nature into policy decision making. Some progress on achieving this has been made, but putting theory into practice and overcoming the inertia of business as usual remains a significant challenge.
Sponsored by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Co-operative Research Programme: Biological Resource Management for Sustainable Agricultural Systems (www.oecd.org/agriculture/crp), this conference will bring together policy makers, academics and advisors from across the OECD to share practical experience of integrating the values of nature into policy and identify the lessons learned that will result in better management of natural resources.
The conference will be a combination of formal presentations and tailored roundtable discussion with the proceedings published in an open access format. The evening meal on 19th September will be held at Magdelene College, in the splendid 16th century dining room.
- Prof Gretchen Daily, Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment
- Prof Anil Markandya, Basque Centre for Climate Change
- Prof Unai Pascual, Basque Centre for Climate Change
- Mr Ed Perry, Special Adviser to the OECD Environmental Directorate
- Mr Roel Posthoorn, Project Director for the Marker Wadden Project
- Ms Annawati van Paddenburg, Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)
- Dr Stuart Whitten, CSIRO
Read on and register here.