- This event has passed.
Integrating Biodiversity into Natural Capital Assessments
September 29, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Natural capital assessments can struggle to capture the value of biodiversity. This latest guidance, co-developed between the Capitals Coalition and The Cambridge Conservation Initiative, solves this challenge and addresses:
- Why biodiversity requires additional consideration in a natural capital assessment;
- How it relates to natural capital and ecosystem services; and
- How to integrate biodiversity into natural capital assessments.
The Biodiversity Guidance is designed to accompany the Natural Capital Protocol. The protocol provides a standard framework for companies looking to understand and manage their relationships with nature, and has over seven thousand direct downloads and many more copies in circulation across companies and governments alike. This guidance aims to support businesses and financial institutions to better incorporate biodiversity into their decision making.
Join us for a presentation and Q&A session to hear:
- How this Guidance was developed through a collaborative process;
- An overview of the Guidance content, including how it aligns with the broader global context; and
- The experiences of one of the organizations that piloted the Guidance.
We hope that you will join us.
This project is kindly funded by the European Commission DG Environment and CCI and supported by the EU Business @ Biodiversity Platform.