Oceania Ecosystem Services Forum 2019
September 2 - September 6
This text is taken from SCION.
Hosted by SCION, the 2nd Oceania Ecosystem Services Forum in Ōtautahi (Christchurch), Aotearoa New Zealand, will build on the success of the first in Brisbane, Australia in 2017, which raised the profile of the value of ecosystems in decision-making in the Oceania region. OESF 2019 aims to bring together policy-makers, businesses, community leaders and researchers with the aspiration of ‘Creating healthy communities and ecosystems for a resilient future’.
- to connect communities, businesses, policy makers and researchers working on ecosystem services and resilient communities
- to showcase diverse practices, policies and knowledge (practical, traditional, indigenous, academic) that contribute to increasing the health of communities and ecosystems;
- to discuss new and diverse approaches and actions that stakeholders use to address climate change, biodiversity and sustainability;
- to source opportunities for jointly designing and conducting research projects or applications of ecosystem services in practice;
- to provide a link between ecosystem services researchers, practitioners, decision makers and knowledge holders in the Oceania region, with the international ecosystem services community and programs (e.g. IPBES, IUCN, GEO, SDGs); and
- to support the implementation of ecosystem services science and practice at local, national and global levels.
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer to OESF 2019 please contact the OESF 2019 Organising Committee (Richard Yao, Sandra Velarde, Tim Payn, Simone Maynard): firstname.lastname@example.org’
Read on and register here.